fredag 27. april 2012

My Rainbow Race

Enden av regnbuen er på Utøya, ukjent fotograf
MY RAINBOW RACE

Chorus:
One blue sky above us
One ocean lapping all our shore
One earth so green and round
Who could ask for more
And because I love you
I'll give it one more try
To show my rainbow race
It's too soon to die.

1. Some folks want to be like an ostrich,
Bury their heads in the sand.
Some hope that plastic dreams
Can unclench all those greedy hands.
Some hope to take the easy way:
Poisons, bombs. They think we need 'em.
Don't you know you can't kill all the unbelievers?
There's no shortcut to freedom.
(Repeat chorus)

2. Go tell, go tell all the little children.
Tell all the mothers and fathers too.
Now's our last chance to learn to share
What's been given to me and you.
(Repeat chorus one and a half times)

Words and Music by Pete Seeger (1967)
(c) 1970 by Sanga Music Inc.

Ingen kommentarer: